A front-row seat to brilliant blue skies

Ben Zimmerman of Bayfield enjoys his holiday Monday ice fishing on Vallecito Reservoir. After a few days of warmer temperatures, the National Weather Service forecasts today will have a high of only 20 degrees with a 20 percent chance of snow. It predicts an 80 percent chance of snow Wednesday. Enlarge photo

SHAUN STANLEY/ Durango Herald

Ben Zimmerman of Bayfield enjoys his holiday Monday ice fishing on Vallecito Reservoir. After a few days of warmer temperatures, the National Weather Service forecasts today will have a high of only 20 degrees with a 20 percent chance of snow. It predicts an 80 percent chance of snow Wednesday.