Hairy legs exposed, the inimitable Dave Imming used to parade as Tinker Bell in a queen-size costume. Once upon a time he also played Big Jim, leader of the Durango Danglers. With frying pan cod pieces, the band made...
At 11 a.m. Saturday, the august Metropolitan Opera bravely will transmit Franz Lehár’s “The Merry Widow” to the world.
- The brilliant mind behind the play ‘Every Brilliant Thing’
- At the corner of Broadway and College Drive
- Hammerstein museum strikes a sour note
- John Waters: Dreaming of a weird Christmas
- Technicolor tapestry of music
- Patterns passed through the generations
- Starting 2015 with a bang
- Artist Christo’s river project gets federal OK
- Museum capturing Ferguson history as it happens
- Last chance for ‘One Bead’
In a move that inspired plays on the title of their first single, the 1991 hit “Ain’t 2 Proud 2 Beg,” Rozonda “Chilli”...
- A double banjo dialogue
- A winter remedy: Music
- Blues-rock group Black Crowes calls it quits after 24 years
- A modernist master's Mozartean face: Rihm writes for Barto's pianos
- Billy Joel, Mumford & Sons, Kendrick Lamar set for Bonnaroo
NEW YORK – Alec Baldwin is writing a memoir, and, yes, it will be candid.
The award-winning actor has a deal with Harper for Nevertheless,...
- Novelist Robert Stone, known for Dog Soldiers dies at 77
- Historical fiction at its finest
- The funny and fragile times of Bob Hope
- Drama leaps off the page and into the news
- South Africa’s high crime rate inspires novelist
Film & TV
Imagine for a moment, if you will, that you are a veteran returning home after a horrific tour of duty.
You discover that your grandfather is...
- Review: Project Almanac
- Movies playing in Durango Jan. 16-22
- Review: Cake
- Review: The Boy Next Door
- Review: Selma