It usually takes much longer for an artist to attain the kind of reputation in Durango that Elizabeth Kinahan has built in just a few short years.
In March, Kinahan was named the featured artist for Music in...
NEW YORK – Duncan Sheik is part of an unusual campaign on Kickstarter – not to get his musical “American Psycho” up and running,...
- Broadway.org is 1-stop shopping for theater fans
- Neil Patrick Harris returning as Tony host
- ‘Kinky Boots’ gets a leading 13 Tony Award nods
- Nominations unveiled for Drama Desk race
- Tony Award nominations might have a British accent
Durango’s art galleries and their owners are a mixed lot. Some serve as regular meeting places for the local art crowd while others keep a lower profile...
- Englehart exhibit to open Sunday
- Connecticut man thought linked to heist gets 2½ years
- Photogs get jump on Mother’s Day
- E.P.I.C. thanks artists with group show
- Walk into the season of art
For some people who have to travel by plane, Valium, listening to babbling brook soundscapes or finding a happy place just aren’t enough to quell fears...
- Is ‘Idol’ still capable of launching a star?
- ‘American Idol’ winner’s album coming this summer
- ‘The Voice’: Great steps, poor choices
- ‘Gatsby’ soundtrack is ambitious, not great
- Singer George Jones is buried in Nashville
IndieBound.org compiles a weekly list of best-selling books from independently owned bookstores.
1. The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth...
- U.S. Best-selling books for May 7
- ‘VJ’ tells of MTV’s earlier times
- U.S. Best-selling books for April 23
- Evison to share stories and beer
- U.S. Best-selling books for April 16
Film & TV
Back Space Theatre
(1120 Main Ave., 259-7940, www.thebackspacetheatre.org)
Damsels in Distress. HHH. A comedy in which some college girls try...
- For stars, ‘Hangover’ series was a game changer
- Coppola’s ‘Bling Ring’ at home at decadent Cannes
- Seen and heard in Cannes
- TV tonight: ‘Office,’ ‘Grey’s,’ ‘Elementary’
- ‘The Office’ retires after nine seasons
Warmer weather in Durango means the patios of restaurants and venues around...
Mid May. It’s time for chamber music and 10-minute plays.