Many musicians start out with aspirations of someday achieving fame or fortune. For Texas Americana legend Robert Earl Keen, there has never been such an end goal.
That’s because the journey alone...
NEW YORK – Elaine Stritch, the brash theater performer whose gravelly, gin-laced voice and impeccable comic timing made her a Broadway legend, has died.
- Julia Stiles goes ‘back to my roots’ – the stage
- Felder combines acting and piano playing in masterful performances
- David Byrne readies ‘Here Lies Love’ in London
- Shakespeare galore shaping up in the West
- New York City police to subway acrobats: Sit down
A set of art lamps, musings in thread, driftwood wainscotting, an architectural installation and a dizzying number of birds.
These are the makings of...
- Woven through history
- UK museum looks at epic, intimate sides of WWI
- Artist creates ‘empowering’ wearable sculptures
- Philadelphia museum’s golden goddess glows again
- Auctioneer: Rachel Mellon sales could bring $100M
LOS ANGELES – Attention pop stars: If “Weird Al” Yankovic shows up at your concert or has tracked down your personal email address,...
- Trent Reznor contemplates the future, the road
- Blues legend Johnny Winter dies at 70 in Zurich
- Ron Howard to direct new Beatles documentary
- At Elvis Fest, impersonations are reverent tribute
- Extra 'Carmen' performance added by Santa Fe Opera
Wayfaring Stranger (Simon & Schuster), by James Lee Burke
Author James Lee Burke is a descendant of tough Texas lawmen. In fact, his maternal...
- What goes into editing a book? Ask the editors
- Nadine Gordimer, Nobel laureate, author, activist, dies
- For author Ben Winters, the apocalypse is now
- A life woven through 2 cultures
- Review: New Neil Armstrong book glides, not soars
Film & TV
Last year brought movie audiences one of the biggest comebacks of an actor in almost a decade with Matthew McConaughey in “Mud,” “Dallas...
- Movies playing in Durango July 18-24
- Fincher’s ‘Gone Girl’ to open New York Film Fest
- Review: ‘Purge’ sequel provides requisite thrills
- Film review: Begin Again
- Film Review: Sex Tape