NAPA, Calif. – Margaret Keane still feels guilty.
Never mind that it was Walter, her husband at the time, who launched the art world lie that seduced the media and movie stars and landed him on...
The eternal sibling lament, “Dad likes you best,” runs through “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” like so much spilt...
- A boy’s technicolor dreams come true
- Rare Shakespeare Folio discovered in French town
- Figaro, the factotum of Seville
- The ‘Side Show’ stars reveal how the magic is done
- A stage fiasco turns funny in ‘Play On!’
- Durango City Limits
- Stanton’s Southwest
- Our people, places and culture
- Meet sociologist and author Sarah Thornton, the Jane Goodall of the art world
- Bartholomeus Spranger's wild, weird and voluptuous art at the Met
Gov’t Mule, “Dark Side of the Mule” (Evil Teen Records)
When you’re playing music for 20 years with the caveat that no two...
- U.S. co-opted Cuba’s hip-hop scene to spark change
- Song mocking 'bro country' hits No. 1, and the bros aren't amused
- Vanguards of original hip-hop
- ‘Happy,’ ‘Frozen’ top iTunes end of year list
- The Hills are alive with a new sound
Best-selling author and “Girls” creator Lena Dunham is, by her own admission, “an unreliable narrator.”
- Children’s books that belong under the tree
- New Munro collection contains masterful prose
- Richard Jefferies, rediscovered
- A U.S. military novel on honor, duty, depravity
- Tapping the wisdom of weeds
Film & TV
With a sum total of 1,032 minutes, Peter Jackson’s six J.R.R. Tolkien films have earned more than $5 billion worldwide. They have made New Zealand...
- Movies playing in Durango Dec. 19-25
- Here’s the year in film: Best of 2014
- How Kim Jong Un became the target of ‘The Interview’
- Review: Annie
- Review: Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
Let the coming of winter and its beloved ski season be officially welcomed with...
How do you reconcile holiday cheer, societal anger and consumer frenzy?...