JOHANNESBURG – “Generations,” a hugely popular soap opera in South Africa, first aired in 1993, a year before the nation’s first all-race elections ended apartheid. Now the future of this...
NEW YORK – New York’s Metropolitan Opera reached tentative labor deals with two of its largest unions early Monday while negotiations continued...
- A prince and a player
- You too can be a Broadway producer with just $10K
- Marvel heroes and villains fight it out – live
- In ‘Phoenix,’ hooking up is hard to do
- Helen Mirren to bring ‘The Audience’ to Broadway
Durango artist Minna Jain was attending a sustainable agriculture conference in Albuquerque last November when speaker and Pulitzer-Prize winning poet Gary...
- Drama, landscape, light
- Mural collecting dust is William Cumming original
- Robots guide nights at the museum at Tate Britain
- Horse power
- Public art tour added to Art Walk
KINGSTON, Jamaica – A lawyer for convicted Jamaican reggae star Buju Banton said Tuesday that a U.S. federal appellate court agreed to a new hearing on...
- Artists cover landmark Johnny Cash album
- Depression-era colony cashing in on Johnny Cash’s fame
- Daniel Radcliffe finds interest in actors ‘weird’
- Actor Michael Cera releases album he calls ‘honest’
- The soul-pop sensibilities of Lake Street Dive
Sesen: The Egyptian Lotus is the first novel by Omnia El-Hakim and is published by AuthorHouse. El-Hakim is the former chair of the Physics and Engineering...
- Hikers rescued amid ‘Into the Wild’ bus pilgrimage
- Magician’s Land closes a trilogy that matures
- Haruki Murakami’s new novel journeys to the past
- Bunny Mother looks back at 1960s
- Prize-winning poet still at work at age 86
Film & TV
SANTA FE, N.M. – Oscar winner Tommy Lee Jones will screen a Western drama he wrote and directed at the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival this...
- Agent gives Hollywood edgy look with ‘real’ people
- Movies playing in Durango Aug. 15-21
- Review: ‘The Giver’
- ‘Don’s Plum’: A film that fell into obscurity
- Review: ‘Let’s Be Cops’
Musician Pat Corn can tell a story.
The North Carolina native,...
Not again – the uproar over “Arc of History” has an...