If the hectic pace of modern society has ever made you long for the simpler times of days gone by, “Maple and Vine” will make you think again and appreciate the here and now.
If you know “Werther,” you’ve got an inside line on contemporary American youth culture.
The story may be 240 years old, but...
- Idina Menzel’s ‘If/Then’ off to a strong start
- The hills are alive with Durango students
- In this Russian historic opera, timing is everything
- Manipulating marionettes
- Hugh Jackman will host the Tony Awards again
Once a year, Open Shutter owner Margy Dudley gives valuable space on the walls to allow local photographers a chance to measure up against some of the...
- Geopoetica: What’s in a name?
- Where’s the bottom?
- You don’t know what you got ’til it’s gone
- Fla. artist smashes $1M vase in Miami museum
AUSTIN, Texas – Fleeing police, a driver gunned a sedan through a street barricade and into a crowd of South by Southwest festival attendees shortly...
- We gotta have that funk
- Durango Celtic fest is on the grow
- Pharrell details the top songs he’s produced
- Hits just keep on coming at FLC
- Spotify’s Top 10 most viral tracks
Originally published in hardcover in 1991, Wings for My Flight chronicles the adventures and misadventures of a young female biologist stationed atop Chimney...
- U.S. Best-selling books for March 11
- U.S. Best-selling Books for March 4
- U.S. Best-selling books for Feb. 25
- U.S. Best-selling books for Feb. 18
- ‘Cold Storage’ is not too far from Durango
Film & TV
New in Theaters
300: Rise of an Empire (In standard format and digital 3-D with surcharge; playing at the Durango Stadium 9)
If you loved the...
- A fine cast may regret ‘The Past’
- And the (other) winners are ...
- Blacklisted New Mexico film gets atonement
- DeGeneres’ selfie crashes Twitter
- ’12 Years a Slave’ wins best picture at Oscars
For the second week in a row, this column will acknowledge the importance of...
Last weekend the Durango Choral Society gave its winter concert, “Saints...