The End of Absence: Reclaiming What We’ve Lost in a World of Constant Connection (Current), by Michael Harris
I fall asleep to the glow of Netflix and, when I awake, begin the digital litany of my day:...
NEW YORK – New York’s Metropolitan Opera reached tentative labor deals with two of its largest unions early Monday while negotiations continued...
- A prince and a player
- You too can be a Broadway producer with just $10K
- Marvel heroes and villains fight it out – live
- In ‘Phoenix,’ hooking up is hard to do
- Helen Mirren to bring ‘The Audience’ to Broadway
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (AP) – A large mural that collected dust in barns over the decades before being displayed this month at a fair in Washington state...
- Robots guide nights at the museum at Tate Britain
- Horse power
- Public art tour added to Art Walk
- A mile in their shoes
- Ailing ‘Ghostbusters’ artist gives bird to cancer
NEW YORK – Various Artists, “Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited” (Sony Masterworks)
- Depression-era colony cashing in on Johnny Cash’s fame
- Daniel Radcliffe finds interest in actors ‘weird’
- Actor Michael Cera releases album he calls ‘honest’
- The soul-pop sensibilities of Lake Street Dive
- The Boxcars top nominees for bluegrass awards
Sesen: The Egyptian Lotus is the first novel by Omnia El-Hakim and is published by AuthorHouse. El-Hakim is the former chair of the Physics and Engineering...
- Hikers rescued amid ‘Into the Wild’ bus pilgrimage
- Magician’s Land closes a trilogy that matures
- Haruki Murakami’s new novel journeys to the past
- Bunny Mother looks back at 1960s
- Prize-winning poet still at work at age 86
Film & TV
SANTA FE, N.M. – Oscar winner Tommy Lee Jones will screen a Western drama he wrote and directed at the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival this...
- Agent gives Hollywood edgy look with ‘real’ people
- Movies playing in Durango Aug. 15-21
- Review: ‘The Giver’
- ‘Don’s Plum’: A film that fell into obscurity
- Review: ‘Let’s Be Cops’
Musician Pat Corn can tell a story.
The North Carolina native,...
Not again – the uproar over “Arc of History” has an...