When you walk into the graduating senior show at Fort Lewis College, you can’t miss “Emily.” Jason Harris’ abstract painting bristles with slabs of color, scraped and repainted. Smack in the...
NEW YORK – Annie Baker’s “The Flick” has won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for drama, a play set in a rundown movie theater that was...
- ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ to tour North America
- Happy days?
- How to take ‘drama’ to extremes
- Idina Menzel’s ‘If/Then’ off to a strong start
- The hills are alive with Durango students
The domes and arched ceilings – each arrayed with tiles in herringbone and basket-weave patterns – are hidden in plain sight.
- Stolen Gauguin on Sicily kitchen wall for years
- Germany returns looted Guardi painting to Poland
- Lost for decades, Renoir piece returns to Baltimore museum
- Taking stock in art
- Sorrel Sky is expanding where?
If you have six seconds, you may have a hit.
The mobile video app Vine and its 40 million users are changing the way people discover hip-hop online,...
- Utah Symphony to play for free in state’s national parks
- These 3 do more than strum 6 strings
- Kiss not the first to tell Rock Hall to kiss off
- Erratic B.B. King performance makes fans blue
- Cellist Yo-Yo Ma to receive 1st Fred Rogers award
MEXICO CITY – Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the Nobel laureate whose novels and short stories exposed tens of millions of readers to Latin America’s...
- Book twists some knickers
- U.S. Best-selling books for March 25
- Book reveals Hitchcock’s man behind the man behind the camera
- Writing duo get kudos
- U.S. Best-selling books for March 18
Film & TV
With the holy days of Lent, Easter and Passover here, it has been another season for fasting by giving up something of importance or enjoyment, or...
- Movies Playing in Durango April 18-24
- Review: ‘Bears’
- Review: ‘Heaven is for Real’
- Review: ‘Transcendence’
- Review: ‘Oculus’
Noir fiction is an ill-defined style of storytelling that for crime fiction...
The 2014 Durango Bluegrass Meltdown, which wrapped up Sunday, included a series...