DELRAY BEACH, Fla.
The crowd quickly gathered – a dozen or so people, cameras in hand – as an 8-foot alligator came ashore.
WASHINGTON – For decades, Americans have sipped on fountain sodas, wondering, at least...
- Maryland’s crab may be fraud
- Frittatas are the ultimate have-it-your-way dinner weeknight dinner
- Bacteria-infected olive trees felled in Italy
- Springing to life
- On the side
Q: A friend of mine is paranoid about health and environmental stuff. She is constantly worried about...
- For American moms, it’s all about timing
- Oh, baby! Two top White House advisers expecting
- U.S. foreign adoptions reach lowest mark since 1982
- Parents seeking urban lifestyles for kids
- ‘Heather Has Two Mommies’ revised, updated
It’s one of the terrific, sad ironies of the human experience:
Sex makes babies. Yet,...
- Have Alzheimer’s worries? Read this list
- Staying sharp with age
- Health Briefs
- New drugs knock down cancer
- The colic conundrum
NEW YORK – Business travelers are bypassing the taxi queue with greater frequency, choosing...
- Showing their age
- In Portland, airport carpet turns celebrity
- Airbnb now booking Americans in Cuba
- Wild, cold, irresistible
- Tulsa reinvents itself as a hipster haven
Har Shalom rabbi to be honored
Rabbi Eliot Baskin will be honored for his service to Hillel of...
- Religion withers; prayer endures
- Islam forecast as world’s fastest-growing faith
- Religion Briefs
- Are you a once-a-year worshipper?
- Easter weekend services
FRISCO (AP) – This summer if you hike Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge or Grays and Torreys,...
- Stones in the balance
- At Canyons of Ancients, Wetherill legacy lives
- Post ‘Breaking Bad,’ N.M. fertile ground for TV, film
- A town divided
- School works with Sioux to replace mascot
We live in exciting times. Just how exciting? Check this out.
What was a fairly sedate...
Editor’s note: Get Growing, written by the La Plata County Extension Office’s Master...
From the Extension Office
The 4-H Giving Back Garden is gearing up for another year of growing local food.