An amateur boxer, an Olympic sprinter and a former president – you’ll never guess what unites them.
At the peak of ripeness, an in-season tomato is one of the things that makes life worth living. Happily,...
- Federal appeals court upholds origin labels on meat packages
- Raw Vegan Vanilla Chia Pudding
- Vegan Cashew Tomato Basil Soup
- The fledgling oenophile
- Study says beef pollutes more than pork, poultry
With the president of Congo coming to Washington for a U.S.-Africa summit, hundreds of frustrated...
- Women: A less-educated man won’t raise your divorce risk
- New guidelines could help many pregnant workers
- Nonprofits help the dying make farewell videos
- Shoe trick may prevent child deaths in hot car
- Long scattered, adoptees search for families
A referral from another physician or family and friends is a first step in choosing a doctor, but...
- Military members face more childhood trauma
- Health Briefs
- The art of baby-making
- For brain boost, go for a walk, talk to a friend
- Biological pacemaker on horizon
NEW YORK – Family travel falls into three distinct phases. First, there’s the exhausting...
- 19-year-old flies 29,000 miles around globe
- Car rental companies rev up exotic offerings
- ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ to welcome tourists
- Tiny Belize teems with jungle ruins, sea life
- Busting five myths about tipping
Rabbi Moti Rieber travels the politically red state of Kansas armed with the book of Genesis, a Psalm...
- Religion Briefs
- Nongraven icons direct faithful to heaven
- Atheist opens N.Y. meeting after court OKs prayers
- Religion Briefs
- Naval combat chaplain battles PTSD
WALSENBURG (AP) – About 500 coal miners died in Huerfano County in the early to middle part of...
- Educating teachers about agriculture
- Ex-cowboy now treats injured cowboys at Greeley rodeo
- Volunteers help dig up dinosaurs in Utah
- Canyon rails
- In Santa Fe, experience art, culture, more for free
Editor’s note: Get Growing, written by the La Plata County Extension Office’s Master...
From the Extension Office
The La Plata County Fair is fast approaching with the rabbit and horse shows kicking off Saturday.
Memories are elastic, so it would be easy to think that when I say Pops Night during Music in the...