Local and Regional News
Durango baby Liam Maddox was 5 months old when he was diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy, a condition in which the heart becomes weakened and...
National & World
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama appealed to Congress on Tuesday for $3.7 billion in emergency spending to deal with the immigration crisis on the nation’s...
- They may not like it, but Americans still love a party
- GOP is Cleveland bound
- Colorado, Washington going head to head
- Smallpox virus discovered at lab
- Bankruptcy threat haunts Flint
The smell of fresh pizza and sound of live folk music filled the air at the first evening farmers market in Cortez.
The July 1 event drew a different mix of artists and...
- Washington finally gets its pot
- Soda tax’s last stand?
- Business Briefs
- FilmOn offers more than just broadcast TV
- Money disagreements can haunt retired couples
In the context of climate change, much is depressing.
Despite decades of grave, increasingly urgent warnings from scientists about human-caused global warming and...
- From billions to zero
- Uncompahgre forest grows a bit
- Oceans teeming with plastic junk
- Creep up on unsuspecting shores: The Great Lakes
- Earth Briefs
WASHINGTON – It seems to matter less whether your alma mater is public or private than what you study – math and science in particular – when it comes to...
- ‘Summer melt’ can evaporate college ambitions
- Education Briefs
- Dorms take swanky turn to lure students
- Student-loan interest rates rise
- Education Briefs
A memorial service for John Charles Earley will be held at 4 p.m. Monday, July 14, 2014, at The Glacier Club, 600 Glacier Club Drive, in Durango.
Mr. Earley died Friday,...
- Mike Schlarb
- Linda Jo (Barnes) Hoggatt
- Rhoda Lanoma Ketner
- Dennis Richardson Liles
- Joseph E. Melrose
It’s the fifth of July, and...
Independently owned businesses face...
Bryan Lott was interviewing for a job...