Local and Regional News
New equipment is helping natural gas and energy company Williams reduce gas emissions at its Ignacio plant.
The project, which was four...
National & World
WASHINGTON – Stung by sticker shock, members of Congress are scrambling to lower the cost of a bill to fix veterans’ health care amid a growing uproar over long...
- Israeli leader dismisses talk of cease-fire
- North Dakota pipeline breach renews call for more monitoring
- Economists lower forecasts for U.S. growth
- Putin seeks to boost trade
- World Briefs
The smell of fresh pizza and sound of live folk music filled the air at the first evening farmers market in Cortez.
The July 1 event drew a different mix of artists and...
- Washington finally gets its pot
- Soda tax’s last stand?
- Business Briefs
- FilmOn offers more than just broadcast TV
- Money disagreements can haunt retired couples
PORTLAND, Maine – Wildlife webcam operators around the world are grappling with a problem: Viewers don’t want to see any harm come to critters they’ve grown...
- Newer gas wells are more likely to have leaks
- Interior secretary pledges $43M for conservation across U.S.
- Earth Briefs
- River lessons
- No trees to hug?
WASHINGTON – It seems to matter less whether your alma mater is public or private than what you study – math and science in particular – when it comes to...
- ‘Summer melt’ can evaporate college ambitions
- Education Briefs
- Dorms take swanky turn to lure students
- Student-loan interest rates rise
- Education Briefs
Former Durango resident Bryce Allen Bowden died from respiratory heart failure Thursday, July 3, 2014, in Dumfries, Virginia. He was 39.
Mr. Bowden was born to Joe and...
- William Allen ‘Bill’ McLaughlin
- James ‘Herm’ Michael Harrmann
- Klaus Bjorn Brockmann
- Blaine Thomson
- Barbara Jean Byron
It’s the fifth of July, and...
Independently owned businesses face...
Bryan Lott was interviewing for a job...