Local and Regional News
If you watch women racing bicycles on the Champs-Élysées today, know that this is by no means a first.
Just ask Durangoan Deborah...
National & World
The costs of fighting wildfires are rising dramatically and could keep climbing in the face of climate change that’s contributing to longer fire seasons in the West and the...
- Gaza siege rages despite efforts to reach cease-fire
- Calif. fire destroys 10 homes
- Tentative deal reached on VA reform
- Nation & World Briefs
- Abandoned horses flooding shelters
Many La Plata County residents don’t even have to step off their property to enjoy the outdoors – they can do it from the comfort of their own backyards.
- Downside of low mortgage rates is fewer sales
- Disorganized remotes? Seven creative answers
- FCC warns Internet providers
- Amazon fires on competitors
- Porsche tops list of appealing cars
Botany, the study of plant species, and biology preoccupied humans for millennia. Since before Plato, rugged people rummaged the Earth, bent on discovering, collecting and...
- Colorado farmers break ranks with ‘big ag’ lobby
- Maybe the roads will charge cars
- Again, heat is on: June is world’s hottest
- Earth Briefs
- Life rises from the ashes
Local students initiated to honor society
These local residents were initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi:
Thomas Poole of Durango initiated at Fort...
- The hunt for tasty school food
- Education Briefs
- Education Briefs
- Districts dump extra pay
- Illinois calls student debt ‘help’ a scam
Dennis Wade Gibble died Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Durango. He was 71.
Mr. Gibble was born April 12, 1943, in Denver, the son of Floyd and Lucille Gibble. He grew up in...
Dr. Jude Harrison wrote a letter to his...
La Plata Health Watch
For 20 years running, we shared New...
What’s the deal with the big...