Local and Regional News
Brendan Quirk was driving back to Durango from Denver when a loose tire came bounding down U.S. Highway 160 in the dark.
National & World
WASHINGTON – Consumers anxious about tight insurance deadlines and lingering computer problems during the holidays will get extra time to pay their premiums under President...
- Executions in U.S. drop close to 20-year low in 2013
- Advisory panel urges new limits on spying
- Fed will reduce bond purchases by $10 billion in January
- China says all OK with U.S.-China sea incident
- Senate sends president compromise budget bill
Job-training program announces associate
SER Jobs For Progress National serving La Plata County and Southwest Colorado announces the addition of Katherine Taugelchee.
- Stimulus talks begin, stocks slip
- Companies add twists to holiday season
- Americans see end of stock surge
- U.S. predicting natural gas boom through ’40
- Colorado wine industry grows
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – A Massachusetts startup is launching a new device that transforms almost any bicycle into an electric-hybrid vehicle using an app on a...
- Next farm tool: Drones
- Smog clinic opens in China
- Earth Brief
- Small dairies struggle to survive in Colorado
- Arctic owls fly south to U.S.
For motivated students, Durango High School is a heady world of intellectual possibility, offering kids an entrée into calculus, foreign literature and award-winning...
- In Hong Kong, tutors are the celebrities
- Saved by the bell? Sorry, not anymore
- 42 private college presidents earn more than $1M
- Education Briefs
- N.M. graduation rate shows improvement
Durango resident Henry Berenz died unexpectedly Friday, Dec. 13, 2013, at his home. He was 80.
Known as “Hank,” he was born April 11, 1933, in Chicago.
- Albert Jessie Albo
- Robyn Lyn Robbins
- Joe ‘Scotty’ Lloyd Cornett
- Roberta Ellen Armstrong Barr
- Margery Ann Nichols
When most people think of reasons to...
What's Up Downtown
’Twas the week before Christmas,...
La Plata Health Watch
’Twas the night before Christmas...