Local and Regional News
SALT LAKE CITY – Five Utah men have been slapped with federal charges for taking part in an all-terrain vehicle protest ride in southeastern...
National & World
WASHINGTON – The U.S. and five Arab countries launched airstrikes Monday night on Islamic State group targets in Syria, expanding a military campaign into a country whose...
- Governor confident ambush suspect will be caught
- Giuliani to help fight Noriega’s video game lawsuit
- Some causes of suicide in military need more study
- Nation & World Briefs
- Spacecraft arrives on Mars
The 11th annual Durango Area Parade of Homes will kick off Friday.
The three-day event highlights 15 homes constructed by local builders, and gives local buyers an...
- Reverse mortgages making comeback
- Housing costs are big expense in retirement
- Women buying a car want what men want
- Apple locks itself out of devices
- Housing scene: Learning to decipher buyer’s body language
On a late summer afternoon I sat at my campsite in the middle of the Weminuche Wilderness. I pulled up the hood of my jacket and braced myself against the flashes of lightning...
- Earth Brief
- Taking stock of Animas trout
- How will warming affect birds?
- Earth Briefs
- Solar gardens grow power
WASHINGTON – Rosemary Anderson could be 81 by the time she pays off her student loans. After struggling with divorce, health problems and an underwater home mortgage, the...
- Education Briefs
- Education Briefs
- Straight from a scientist
- Eco-friendly preschools let nature lead way
- College savings accounts grow
Ruth Jeanette Ginter Shields died July 30, 2014, in a traffic accident north of Durango. She was 89.
She was born May 1, 1925, in Custer, South Dakota, to Paul L. Ginter...
- Carroll Tidrick ‘Kelly’ Gamble
- Pearl E. Wilson
- Joseph Charles Neil
- Beverly Jean (Dahlstrom) Glover
- Karen Lee ‘Missy’ (Snell) Koso
Could the next “Men Who...
Sometimes, an idea invades your brain...
The flu, also known as influenza, is a...