Local and Regional News
The Durango Gun Club is requiring its members to also be a member of the National Rifle Association, a decision that is proving to be...
National & World
Exciting research suggests that a shot every one to three months may someday give an alternative to the daily pills that some people take now to cut their risk of getting...
- Gold discovery spurs rich vein of theories
- An executive mansion in disarray?
- Here’s an inside view into Oscar Pistorius’ trial
- World Briefs
- Facebook targets illegal gun sales
Offers from credit card companies to temporarily skirt interest charges can be enticing.
Reducing interest payments by transferring a balance from one card to another is...
- Frequent-flier programs changing course
- Knock it down, build it up
- Dalton Ranch sold to investment company
- Common winter hazard: Frozen pipes in home
- U.S. home prices rose at solid pace in January
What is the No. 1 threat to human residents of La Plata County?
Correct or not, residents can voice this opinion of bears and bear management – and...
- Earth Brief
- If you see one of these, do not feed it
- ‘Annoying’ collared doves decend on Colo.
- Some fish are deep – 4.3 miles below sea
- Uranium’s seductive power
Animas High School receives distinction
At the Colorado Charter Schools Conference on Feb. 20 and 21, Animas High School was recognized as a Distinction School based on...
- Building doghouses
- Tree lopper, tape measure: Another day at library
- English classes without books?
- College students, please study abroad
- Education Briefs
Longtime area resident George Stockton Oldfield Jr., 97, died Thursday, March 6, 2014, in Farmington.
Mr. Oldfield was born June 26, 1916, in Hesperus on a homestead...
- Jerry M. Albo Sr.
- Rebecca “Beckie” (Arellano) Albo
- Donna Rea Evans
- Colin Drew Sutton
- Vern Leroy Eshelman
Expectant mothers can test to determine...
“Matt, what would you recommend...
What’s with local pedestrians...