Local and Regional News
The practice of identifying livestock to prove ownership, which dates to ancient Europe and came to the New World with the Spaniards, continues today...
National & World
BAGHDAD – Iraqi security forces and Shiite militiamen on Sunday broke a six-week siege imposed by the Islamic State group on the northern Shiite Turkmen town of Amirli, as...
- Detroit’s bankruptcy trial is set
- Few women have jobs in construction
- Nation & World Briefs
- Obama attends chef’s wedding
- Surly electorate poised to ‘keep the bums in’
WASHINGTON – Tired of that friend or relative who won’t stop posting or tweeting political opinions? Online loudmouths may be annoying, but a new survey suggests...
- Home price gains slow in June
- Millennials more likely to reach for their plastic
- Pop art packs fun home décor punch
- Ready to retire? What about your 401(k)?
- Home sales revolve around appraisals
For many of us, a college internship helped forge the direction we would follow in our professional careers. Six Fort Lewis College students received such inspiration this summer...
- Reservoir could destroy rare plants
- Trash burning pollutes air
- Green Business Roundtable announces its fall schedule
- Earth Briefs
- Prowling for mushrooms in the high country
Upgrading of the Durango School District 9-R computer network that started last fall and continued through the summer has made a day-and-night difference in the ability of...
- Doctors’ Rx for schools: Later start times for teens
- A recipe to make school lunches
- Because of conflict, colleges call students back from Israel
- Education Briefs
- Education Briefs
A memorial service for Roger William Edwards Sr. will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014, at the Allison Grange Hall, 91 Happy Valley Lane. A potluck meal will take place...
- Donald James Spangsberg
- Larry Eugene Sturdevant
- Florence ‘Flossie’ Baker
- Erik Lyndon Borland
- Lavell Carter Harris
Say you were playing tennis on the...
What’s up with the huge cement...
La Plata Health Watch
How many adults remember what it was...