Local and Regional News
The storm that powered into Southwest Colorado on Wednesday dropped heavy snowfall in higher elevations, but scattered little precipitation around...
National & World
WASHINGTON – The National Security Agency tracks the locations of nearly 5 billion cellphones every day overseas, including those belonging to Americans abroad, The...
- Obama targets income gap
- U.S.-China talks reach no consensus on air zone row
- Kerry to present security plan in Mideast visit
- Ancient DNA raising hopes
- FAA has road map for drones, but is behind schedule
NEW YORK – Amazon is working on a way to get packages to customers in 30 minutes or less – via self-guided drone.
Consider it the modern version of a pizza...
- Is technology causing worker burnout?
- Local gas drilling laws get key airing in Ohio
- Business Briefs
- Gas prices may boost retail sales
- Business Briefs
Decades ago, ripe cones were plucked from the tops of conifer trees in the San Juan National Forest and sent to Nebraska for storage in a U.S. Forest Service...
- Fossils tell story of bygone ecosystem
- Cutting trees to rid N.J. forest of beetles
- North Dakota launching website to notify public of spills
- Bulletproof plants for novice gardeners
- Earth Briefs
Stereotypes have long been vital to the sociology of high school.
In John Hughes’ seminal 1985 film, “The Breakfast Club,” five unfortunate,...
- Schools toss plastic plates
- With ad campaign, girls school knocks fairy-tale life
- Education Briefs
- Coloradan earns Rhodes scholarship
- U.S. fares unevenly against world
Durango resident Norman James Burt died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at his home. He turned 80 three weeks earlier.
Known as “Norm,” he was born to James and...
- Thella Beth Howell-BigLeggins
- Braulio Montoya
- Russel Gene Lee
- Rosalie Alene McConnel
- George Edward Hayo
La Plata Electric Association is taking...
One of President Harry Truman’s...
I was shopping for Thanksgiving last...