Local and Regional News
If you watch women racing bicycles on the Champs-Élysées today, know that this is by no means a first.
Just ask Durangoan Deborah...
National & World
CHINO HILLS, Calif. – Almost every horse rescue in the country is running out of room or money as they continue to be strained by an influx of abandoned equines, a trend...
- Island paradises may not be for everyone
- New Jersey sues over Florida pizza shop logo
- Ag-gag laws are facing federal court challenges
- At crash site, couple who lost daughter mourns
- Ebola can spread by air travel as death in Nigeria shows
Many La Plata County residents don’t even have to step off their property to enjoy the outdoors – they can do it from the comfort of their own backyards.
- Downside of low mortgage rates is fewer sales
- Disorganized remotes? Seven creative answers
- FCC warns Internet providers
- Amazon fires on competitors
- Porsche tops list of appealing cars
Botany, the study of plant species, and biology preoccupied humans for millennia. Since before Plato, rugged people rummaged the Earth, bent on discovering, collecting and...
- Colorado farmers break ranks with ‘big ag’ lobby
- Maybe the roads will charge cars
- Again, heat is on: June is world’s hottest
- Earth Briefs
- Life rises from the ashes
Local students initiated to honor society
These local residents were initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi:
Thomas Poole of Durango initiated at Fort...
- The hunt for tasty school food
- Education Briefs
- Education Briefs
- Districts dump extra pay
- Illinois calls student debt ‘help’ a scam
Longtime Silverton resident William Barry “Bill” King died Tuesday, July 22, 2014, of heart complications at his home in Silverton. He was 63.
La Plata Health Watch
For 20 years running, we shared New...
What’s the deal with the big...
Have you ever been played for a...