Local and Regional News
AURORA – Democratic superstar Hillary Clinton landed in Colorado on Tuesday to stump for fellow party hopefuls who face difficult election...
National & World
WASHINGTON – Two weeks before Election Day, most of the nation’s likely voters now expect the Republican Party to take control of the U.S. Senate, according to a new...
- Denver girls may have tried to join jihadis
- U.S. tightens Ebola screening
- Nation & World Briefs
- North Korea frees American detainee
- Former Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee dies
Construction is booming in the Durango area, creating hundreds of new jobs as firms add payroll to meet strong demand for building.
The construction industry accounted...
- Big slump is no cause to ditch stock market
- Not so fast, cable cord cutters
- Business Briefs
- U.S. existing home sales rise in September
- Growing subdivisions pace Durango building
When telephones made the galvanized-steel telegraph line between Durango and Silverton superfluous, the latter fell into disuse, but it didn’t go away.
- The unintended consequences of lead bullets
- With our mark on Earth, humans may name era, too
- Surge in natural gas use won’t slow global warming
- Earth Briefs
- Being an apple farmer isn’t easy
School children, increasingly into electronic media to study and do homework as well as socialize, should know how to navigate this new world, says a developer of educational...
- Wealthy students’ edge
- For some teens ‘distractions’ help them focus
- Education Briefs
- Free online AP courses debut on edX website
- Colleges scrapping admission tests
Longtime Durango resident Tommy Lee Martin died Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014, in Durango. He was 88.
A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014, at Sacred...
What's Up Downtown
I’m sensing it’s a...
Where does the time go? Here it is,...
After that amusing pictorial review of...