Local and Regional News
National & World
Target is grappling with security and a public relations nightmare just as the holiday shopping season is wrapping up.
The nation’s second largest discounter said...
- Tide shifting toward new curbs on spying
- NATO warns EU leaders on defense cooperation
- Senate OKs defense bill, sends measure to Obama
- London theater partially collapses
- U.N. finds systematic disappearances in Syria
Job-training program announces associate
SER Jobs For Progress National serving La Plata County and Southwest Colorado announces the addition of Katherine Taugelchee.
- Stimulus talks begin, stocks slip
- Companies add twists to holiday season
- Americans see end of stock surge
- U.S. predicting natural gas boom through ’40
- Colorado wine industry grows
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – A Massachusetts startup is launching a new device that transforms almost any bicycle into an electric-hybrid vehicle using an app on a...
- Next farm tool: Drones
- Smog clinic opens in China
- Earth Brief
- Small dairies struggle to survive in Colorado
- Arctic owls fly south to U.S.
For motivated students, Durango High School is a heady world of intellectual possibility, offering kids an entrée into calculus, foreign literature and award-winning...
- In Hong Kong, tutors are the celebrities
- Saved by the bell? Sorry, not anymore
- 42 private college presidents earn more than $1M
- Education Briefs
- N.M. graduation rate shows improvement
Durango resident Donald Gene Hartmann died Friday, Dec. 13, 2013, at his home. He was 86.
Known as “Don,” he was born to George and Gladys (Larson) Hartmann...
- Clover Francis L. Greene
- Henry Berenz
- Albert Jessie Albo
- Robyn Lyn Robbins
- Joe ‘Scotty’ Lloyd Cornett
When most people think of reasons to...
What's Up Downtown
’Twas the week before Christmas,...
La Plata Health Watch
’Twas the night before Christmas...