Local and Regional News
The Fifth Annual Mancos Melt is bringing four days of fun to town this weekend to help cure cabin fever.
The proceeds will go to benefit...
National & World
WASHINGTON – More than 4.2 million people have signed up for private health insurance through the state and federal exchanges, Health and Human Services officials announced...
- Senator’s dispute with CIA grows more public
- World Brief
- More questions arise about missing plane
- Nation Briefs
- California mulls how to regulate driverless cars
An innovative livestock feed opportunity has gained the attention of Southwest Colorado farmers and ranchers, saving some from quitting the business because of...
- Cows, pigs, sheep and family fun
- Four Corners air-quality improvements expected
- How do we regulate drones?
- Business Briefs
- Is transferring credit card debt right for you?
What is the No. 1 threat to human residents of La Plata County?
Correct or not, residents can voice this opinion of bears and bear management – and...
- Earth Brief
- If you see one of these, do not feed it
- ‘Annoying’ collared doves decend on Colo.
- Some fish are deep – 4.3 miles below sea
- Uranium’s seductive power
WASHINGTON – The perfect score will again be 1,600. What’s more, the essay will be optional, students will no longer be penalized for wrong answers and the...
- Education Briefs
- Education Briefs
- Building doghouses
- Tree lopper, tape measure: Another day at library
- English classes without books?
A memorial gathering for Judith Burrus Aitken will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday, March 14, 2014, in the lounge at the DoubleTree Hotel.
Mrs. Aitken was born in October...
- James Barrett Shaffer II
- Mary Claire Abair Pierce
- George Stockton Oldfield Jr.
- Jerry M. Albo Sr.
- Rebecca “Beckie” (Arellano) Albo
What's Up Downtown
For 18 days, we watched the...
It’s not hard to read Zach...
Along the Animas River Trail,...