Local and Regional News
The increasing pace of mailing season’s greetings or Christmas gifts in Durango appeared to be moving smoothly Tuesday, at least for the most...
National & World
WASHINGTON – Year-end legislation to ease Congress’ chronic budget brinkmanship and soften across-the-board spending cuts moved to the cusp of final passage Tuesday,...
- Snowden requests asylum from Brazil
- Survey: U.S. income gap is holding back economy
- Part of New York Greenwich Village gets landmark status
- House members retiring in Iowa, Virginia and Utah
- Obama facing new concern
Job-training program announces associate
SER Jobs For Progress National serving La Plata County and Southwest Colorado announces the addition of Katherine Taugelchee.
- Stimulus talks begin, stocks slip
- Companies add twists to holiday season
- Americans see end of stock surge
- U.S. predicting natural gas boom through ’40
- Colorado wine industry grows
GREELEY (AP) – The cattle at Gege Ellzey’s family dairy are said to be part of a bloodline that can be traced back to the livestock that hauled her ancestors West in...
- Arctic owls fly south to U.S.
- Some companies can kill eagles in name of green energy
- Grand Canyon releases plan to aid native fish
- Human food can help, but it can also hurt local ursine populations
- Native seedlings to revive forest ravaged by wildfire
For motivated students, Durango High School is a heady world of intellectual possibility, offering kids an entrée into calculus, foreign literature and award-winning...
- In Hong Kong, tutors are the celebrities
- Saved by the bell? Sorry, not anymore
- 42 private college presidents earn more than $1M
- Education Briefs
- N.M. graduation rate shows improvement
Lifelong Mancos resident Robyn Lyn Robbins died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at her home. She was 55. The cause of death was not disclosed.
Ms. Robbins was born to Ralph Edward...
- Joe ‘Scotty’ Lloyd Cornett
- Roberta Ellen Armstrong Barr
- Margery Ann Nichols
- David James Morgan
- Linda Alice Matticks
When most people think of reasons to...
What's Up Downtown
’Twas the week before Christmas,...
La Plata Health Watch
’Twas the night before Christmas...