Local and Regional News
National & World
LEOGANE, Haiti – Gamblers who goad bulls to fight each other just outside this Haitian coastal town stand for hours by a riverbed scrutinizing a dozen muscular animals with...
- Russian aircraft on rise
- Marriages up as Ebola fears ebb
- Sierra Leone still struggling with Ebola
- Flood threat looming in Buffalo
- Ferguson grand jury unusual in many ways
WASHINGTON – U.S. home prices crashed 43 percent between 2005 and 2012, yet polls find that the vast majority of Americans still consider homeownership to be a good idea...
- How much will that doggie cost me?
- Solar living
- Three Springs: A modern Durango neighborhood
- Group presents ‘worst toys’ list
- Minivans do poorly in new crash tests
More than 50 pounds of hops was recently harvested from the grounds at Old Fort Lewis near Hesperus. A portion of those fragrant cones will soon be poured at Carver Brewing...
- Shadow over solar project
- Snow, cold don’t refute global warming
- Earth Briefs
- Mimicking nature inside Grand Canyon
- Robot snuggles with shy penguins
St. Columba School recognizes students
St. Columba School congratulates these November Super Star Students, who went above and beyond classroom expectations: Rocco Enea,...
- Crime abets biology
- Data literacy starts early
- So long, snow days: At home, virtual class is in
- Education Briefs
- Research at Utah school faked, university says
Victor H. Lynn, the father of Durango resident Alan Lynn, died Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2014, in Tucson, Arizona. He was just shy of his 89th birthday.
Mr. Lynn was born to...
Hello from the Nepal outback. It's a...
For years, there were no stop signs for...
La Plata Health Watch
Researchers have announced a scientific...