Local and Regional News
Chapman Hill Ice Rink will open for the season on Saturday, the city of Durango announced in a news release.
To bring on the season, the...
National & World
A man who flew from Liberia to Dallas this month was diagnosed with Ebola on Tuesday, becoming the first person to board a passenger jet and unknowingly bring the disease here...
- Congress grills Secret Service
- Hong Kong protesters consider options
- California becomes first state to ban plastic bags
- Turkey sends troops to border
- World Briefs
Do kids understand the value of a dollar? The students at Animas Valley Elementary sure do.
The fifth-grade students at Animas Valley Elementary seem to know all about...
- Economic leader recognized for service
- New tourism guru moves from spot in economic development
- Business Briefs
- New home sales up, but still struggling
- Subtle home design is worth the effort
By Gary Skiba
La Plata County Living with Wildlife Board
Got deer? Most of us do, and where there are deer, there are almost always mountain lions in the...
- Can they survive?
- Making power, saving habitat
- Changing winds lead to warming in Pacific
- Call of the wild
- Earth Brief
SANTA FE – About 11 percent of New Mexico’s high schools accounted for half of the students who dropped out in 2013, according to a legislative audit released last...
- Education Briefs
- Education Brief
- Teachers open notebooks
- When classroom science goes haywire, experiments can hurt
- History sparks Texas battle
Longtime Bayfield resident Elizabeth Ann “Betty” Abernathy died Thursday, Sept. 25, 2014, at Four Corners Health Care Center in Durango. She was 84.
- Loleet Ernestine ‘Ernie’ Watts
- Matthew Logan McKown
- Montgomery Ray Coyote
- Dorothy Shank
- Ruth Jeanette Ginter Shields
What does democracy look...
I’ve had several discussions...
OK, let's open with a huge question:...