Local and Regional News
National & World
WASHINGTON – The job market is showing signs of the consistent gains the nation has awaited in the 4½ years since the Great Recession.
Employers added 203,000...
- South Africans celebrate Mandela’s life
- Biden: Asia’s growth ‘a chance to bend history’
- Just how happy are you?
- After derailment, feds order changes at New York railway
- Jordan wins Security Council seat, replaces Saudis
NEW YORK – Amazon is working on a way to get packages to customers in 30 minutes or less – via self-guided drone.
Consider it the modern version of a pizza...
- Is technology causing worker burnout?
- Local gas drilling laws get key airing in Ohio
- Business Briefs
- Gas prices may boost retail sales
- Business Briefs
Decades ago, ripe cones were plucked from the tops of conifer trees in the San Juan National Forest and sent to Nebraska for storage in a U.S. Forest Service...
- Fossils tell story of bygone ecosystem
- Cutting trees to rid N.J. forest of beetles
- North Dakota launching website to notify public of spills
- Bulletproof plants for novice gardeners
- Earth Briefs
Stereotypes have long been vital to the sociology of high school.
In John Hughes’ seminal 1985 film, “The Breakfast Club,” five unfortunate,...
- Schools toss plastic plates
- With ad campaign, girls school knocks fairy-tale life
- Education Briefs
- Coloradan earns Rhodes scholarship
- U.S. fares unevenly against world
Eric Dubit, brother of Durango resident Claudia Dubit, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, in Denver. He was 53.
Mr. Dubit was born on March 7, 1960, to Jules and Joan...
- George M. Johnston
- Beverly R. Herath
- Norman James Burt
- Thella Beth Howell-BigLeggins
- Braulio Montoya
La Plata Electric Association is taking...
One of President Harry Truman’s...
I was shopping for Thanksgiving last...