Local and Regional News
A geoscience groundbreaking isn’t like others – no backhoe, no group shot with feet on shovels.
The groundbreaking Friday on a...
National & World
SURUC, Turkey – Turkey said it was helping Iraqi Kurdish fighters cross into Syria to support their brethren fighting Islamic State militants in a key border town; yet,...
- Ebola fear, monitoring eases for some in Dallas
- Obama coalition-building again ... this time on Ebola
- U.S. airdrops arms to Kurds in Syrian town of Kobani
- Nation & World Briefs
- Quarantine ends for family, friends
The residential building industry in the Durango area has had a busy summer, with development particularly strong in Edgemont Highlands and Three Springs.
The city of...
- To refinance your mortgages or not?
- U.S. builders grow less confident about sales
- Items can provide critter comforts
- Who’s got a home? You may be surprised
- Can you go solar? Leases, loans help
When telephones made the galvanized-steel telegraph line between Durango and Silverton superfluous, the latter fell into disuse, but it didn’t go away.
- The unintended consequences of lead bullets
- With our mark on Earth, humans may name era, too
- Surge in natural gas use won’t slow global warming
- Earth Briefs
- Being an apple farmer isn’t easy
Columbine Christian recognizes students
These Columbine Christian School students were recognized for demonstrating the CORE value of the month (Christ-Centered): Peter...
- 1,000 Starbucks employees enroll in tuition program
- Education Briefs
- For aspiring artists, class can light the way
- AHS to honor community mentors
- Goal Academy sees enrollment skyrocket
Durango resident James Louis Dawson died Friday, Oct. 17, 2014, in Portland, Oregon. He was 59. The cause of death was not disclosed.
Mr. Dawson was born to Jess and Pam...
Where does the time go? Here it is,...
After that amusing pictorial review of...
La Plata Health Watch
I have been contemplating how to...