Local and Regional News
A geoscience groundbreaking isn’t like others – no backhoe, no group shot with feet on shovels.
The groundbreaking Friday on a...
National & World
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria – There’s no dancing in the streets, but people in the hometown of more than 200 kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls are...
- Ebola monitoring inconsistent as virus spread
- Ebola: What went wrong?
- Fewer initiatives might still drive voter turnout
- WHO won’t discuss Ebola mistakes document
- Gay-rights group backs use of HIV-prevention pill
The residential building industry in the Durango area has had a busy summer, with development particularly strong in Edgemont Highlands and Three Springs.
The city of...
- To refinance your mortgages or not?
- U.S. builders grow less confident about sales
- Items can provide critter comforts
- Who’s got a home? You may be surprised
- Can you go solar? Leases, loans help
When telephones made the galvanized-steel telegraph line between Durango and Silverton superfluous, the latter fell into disuse, but it didn’t go away.
- The unintended consequences of lead bullets
- With our mark on Earth, humans may name era, too
- Surge in natural gas use won’t slow global warming
- Earth Briefs
- Being an apple farmer isn’t easy
Columbine Christian recognizes students
These Columbine Christian School students were recognized for demonstrating the CORE value of the month (Christ-Centered): Peter...
- 1,000 Starbucks employees enroll in tuition program
- Education Briefs
- For aspiring artists, class can light the way
- AHS to honor community mentors
- Goal Academy sees enrollment skyrocket
Longtime Durango resident Patricia Janet Morris died of gall bladder cancer Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014, in Durango. She was 79.
Known as “Pat,” she was...
Where does the time go? Here it is,...
After that amusing pictorial review of...
La Plata Health Watch
I have been contemplating how to...