DENVER – Authorities say seven people were hospitalized, including one in critical condition, after an industrial chlorine leak in Denver.
The Denver Post reports the leak was detected at a business called Colorado Salt Products in the northeastern part of the city on Friday morning, and students at several schools in the area were told to remain indoors because of the smell.
Denver Fire Department spokesman Greg Pixley says the chlorine is no longer leaking, and all evacuations have been lifted. Chlorine can cause major respiratory problems.
The conditions of the six other people affected have not been released.
At about the same time, a child was taken to a hospital from Denver Public Schools’ nearby High Tech Early College campus after an unrelated natural gas leak.
This story has been updated to correct that seven people were hospitalized because of the chlorine leak.