Firefighters responded to the 700 block of Main Avenue for a report of smoke and flames coming from the roof of Derailed Pour House on Friday night in Durango.
The fire in the chimney of the building was either extinguished or burning itself out when firefighters arrived, said Battalion Chief Michael Krupa with the Durango Fire Protection District. Employees of the business used fire extinguishers to douse flames when crews arrived, he said.
Firefighters closed the 700 block of Main Avenue for less than an hour while they investigated to ensure flames had not spread into the roof or attic spaces. They didn’t find any damage, said Deputy Chief Randy Black.
Neither Derailed Pour House nor Fired Up Pizzeria, which is next door, was evacuated.
Firefighters responded with fire engines, ambulances and command vehicles.