Firefighters have always loved their fire trucks, and it was no different in 1918 as this fire crew proudly took part in a downtown parade. The man riding as a passenger is most likely Henry Dietrich, then-chief. Note the right-hand driver’s seat on the fire truck. The photograph was taken in the 900 block of Main Avenue, and in the background is the office of the Western Colorado Power Co. Today, Eolus Bar & Dining, Duranglers Flies and Supplies and Tippy Canoe are in this area. Read more local history at durangoherald.com/westishistory.
Ed Horvat for The Animas Museum, firstname.lastname@example.org