Answers to the GeoQuiz from Page 12C:1. Australia and Germany.
2. Thailand. It was Siam until June 23, 1939. It was renamed Siam from 1945 to 1949, and then again renamed Thailand. If you play the board game Risk, you know that you must go through Siam to attack Australia.
3. The Great Dane. If you said "The Great Dutch," nice try, but you're wrong.
4. The Shetland Islands off Scotland.
5. Rhode Island. The Rhode Island Red is the state bird.
6. The canary. It is a native of the Azores, the Canary Islands and Madeira.
7. Vietnam. (If you said Korea, as someone with the initials H.F. did before I corrected him, you're wrong but kinda close.)8. Head, heart, health and hands.
10. The chow, or chow chow.