City of Durango
· Durango Transit currently has three bus routes operational:
· Downtown Trolley
· Loop Bus to Wal-Mart
· Loop Bus to Fort Lewis College.
· For the latest information, please log on to "http://www.durangogov.org/alert">www.durangogov.org/alert.
· Road Runner Transit, including the Bayfield, Ignacio, and Aztec shuttle routes, will be
closed. Call 563-4545 for Saturday route status.
· U.S. Highway 160/Wolf Creek Pass: Closed Thursday night at 6 p.m. East side opened 8:40 a.m.
today, but the west side of the ski area remains closed. Crews cleared natural slides of about 8 ft deep by 150 ft
long and another 16 ft deep by 100 feet long. They are now working on the west side. Much work to be done. Reopen
· U.S. Highway 550/Coal Bank and Molas passes: Closed Thursday night between 6:30 and 7 p.m. Crews
in Silverton will plow from Silverton on Friday morning. A reopen time is pending.
· U.S. Highway 550/Red Mountain Pass: Closed Thursday night at 5 p.m. Crews do not plan to work to
open this pass because they must focus on passes below Silverton. They do not anticipate the pass to reopen Friday.
· State Highway 145/Lizard Head Pass: Closed Thursday night at 8:30 p.m.; crews are out this
morning getting to work on avalanche control; re-open is expected but no time has been estimated.
· State Highway 17/Cumbres-La Manga passes south of Antonito (and Alamosa): Closed last night;
working to re-open today.
· Other area highways: The storm is bringing heavy accumulations to other Southwest Colorado
highways including U.S. Highway 491 and State Highway 90.
· For more information, go to WWW.COTRIP.ORG
· Durango School District 9-R schools and offices are closed.
· Bayfield schools and offices are closed.
· All Bayfield school sports and activities are canceled and are curtailed until Saturday.
· Ignacio schools are closed.
· Archuleta School District 50 are closed.
· Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1 are closed.
· All Ignacio school sports have been canceled.
· Fort Lewis College will be closed (Concert Hall show 100 Years of Broadway" has been
· La Plata County Offices are closed.
· The Bayfield and Ignacio libraries are closed.
· The Durango Public Library will delay opening until 11:00 a.m.
· Bayfield Town offices, the Senior Center, and the Parks and Recreation Department are closed.
· All Bayfield town activities, including the BP Senior Luncheon, are canceled.
· City of Durango offices will be open Friday, though some operations may be delayed.
· Durango residential recycling will not be picked up; recyclers are asked to hold their recycling
until next week. Commercial recycling will be picked up as conditions allow.
· Durango commercial and residential trash will be picked up as conditions allow. Customers are
asked to ensure that their cans are shoveled out and accessible.
· San Juan Basin Health Department offices in Durango and Pagosa Springs will be closed. See
http://sjbhd.org for further updates.
· San Juan Basin Health's FluPlus clinic has been canceled.
· Mercy Regional Breast Care Center is closed.
· The Durango Boys and Girls Club is closed.