The old saying is “wash your car and watch it rain.”
So, I want to take this time to thank those of you who lined up at the area car washes or dragged out the garden hose to whisk away the dust that had settled on your vehicle for the past several weeks.
Your local golf courses thank you from the bottom of their roots.
This recent weather pattern, which apparently is not over yet, put a little damper on last weekend’s tournament play.
Hillcrest Golf Club
Before we get into results of tournament play, lets remind all junior golfers and their parents of the May 16th Hillcrest Junior Golf Registration which begins at 1 p.m. in the Hillcrest Golf Club dining area.
This program is open to boys and girls age 6-17 for $20.
Golf clubs and program materials will be provided, as the clinic will run June 8-11. All pertinent information about the Junior Golf Program will be addressed at this time.
A couple of weeks back I laid out the timeline for the Demo Days activities. So now we get serious about checking out the new equipment, as the Ping Demo Day will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 16th.
It is not too early to get revved up for the annual Morehart-Murphy Auto Center Youth Baseball Golf Tournament held May 24-25.
This is one of the long-standing events every year and a Colorado Golf Association points event.
Dalton Ranch Golf Club
The Durango Foundation for Educational Excellence Tournament tees off May 15th with a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
May 16-17 is the annual Spring Four Ball, which has a field limit of 80 players and also will have a shotgun start at 9 a.m. both days.
Mark May 20th on your calendar, as the first “official” Ladies Day and Spring Meeting will be conducted.
Express Employment Professionals 2-Person Scramble
Best Ball, Hillcrest Golf Club
Championship Flight, Low Gross
1. Will Herz and John Perrine, 62.
2. Michael Thomas and Dillon Washburn, 63.
Championship Flight, Low Net
1. Mick and Ross McDermott, 61.
2. Gavin and Peter Lyons, 64.
First Flight, Low Gross
1. Mark and Mason Miller, 64.
2. Valentino Blackmore and Jimmy Kight, 70.
First Flight, Low Net
1. David Huckins and Bret Jameson, 65.
2. Ryan Cleveland and Bill Malopolski, 66.
Second Flight, Low Gross
1. Bill Francis and John Hall, 70.
2. Michael Howe and Dennis Price, 72.
Second Flight, Low Net
T-1. Larry and Patrick Gaughan, 64.
T-1. Phil Gunn and Paul Montoya, 64.
Third Flight, Low Gross
1. Dennis Bickford and LeRoy Flynn, 75.
2. Ron Mass andKen Van Zee, 76.
Third Flight, Low Net
1. David and Joseph Gore, 67.
2. Gary Meredith and Steve Woolverton, 68.
Fourth Flight, Low Gross
1. George Sheridan and Jo Warfield, 75.
2. Art and Dennis Gallegos, 78.
Fourth Flight, Low Net
1. Keith Correira and Jake Heady, 68.
T-2. Kevin Devine and Ray Sigwart, 71.
T-2. Fred Atencio and Vicenti Mirabal 71.
T-2. Pierce and Laurel Water, 71.
Dave Bray has been covering the local golf scene for 33 years. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.