The 54th annual Navajo Trail Open, with title sponsor the First National Bank of Durango, officially is underway with the Pro-Am on June 18th and the 54-hole Open to follow June 19-21.
I have been a part of the coverage of the NTO, be it broadcasting on the radio or in print, for the better part of 35 years, and this event has not lost its luster or competitive juices.
We have seen many repeat champions, which is a reason these pros and amateurs come back year after year.
Hillcrest Golf Course is a challenging layout for even the seasoned veterans of the game and will be even more of a test in years to come with the planned renovations.
The Columbine Classic Duet Tournament wraps up Thursday after two days of competition at both Dalton Ranch and the Glacier Club.
Also, the Hampton Inn-Yellow Ball Challenge, which was rained out June 6th, is rescheduled for June 28th with tee times beginning at 10 a.m.
Bank of the San Juans Tournament
Dalton Ranch Golf Club, June 12
1. Josh Neiman, Ricky Rathjen, Russ Smith and Tom White, 58.
2. Nick Becker, Tyler Bohning, Mike Brown and Justin Rangel, 60,
3. Jim Hoffman, Steve Eccher, John Reiter and Jeff Robbins, 61.
The 2015 Navajo Trail Open Sponsors Tournament
Hillcrest Golf Club, June 13
First Flight, Low Gross
1. Mike Hannigan, Jeff Madeen, Mick McDermott and John Vickers, 56.
First Flight, Low Net
1. Joe Lloyd, Chris McClure, Bob Sieger and Todd Sieger, 53.
2. Mike Fehr, Mark Napier, Ray Sigwart and Scott Smith, 54.
3. Dave Brown, Mike Franchini, Tracy Gillespie and Tim Huerter, 55.
Second Flight, Low Gross
1. Mary Kay Aigner, Will Hertz, Michele Peterson and Bob Therell, 61.
Second Flight, Low Net
1. Steve Cramer, Joe D’Agostino, Tom Dunne and Ron Holligan, 54.
2. Shelly Perlmutter, Tom Probst, Kurt Rohren and Mark Walters, 55.
3. Wayne Carsburg, Dennis Larson, Gary Roberts and Jeff Thulson, 57.
Third Flight, Low Gross
1. Liz McCormack, Steve McCormack, Benito Salinas and Jamie Wisner, 64.
Third Flight, Low Net
T-1. Nate Barovier, Wayne Bulleigh, Steve Jackson and Jarrell Wilson, 53.
T-1. Charlie Brennan, Joe Brennan, Keegan Brennan and Randy Hill, 53.
2. Bryan Burns, Dustin Burns, Nate Monroe and Chris Woolverton, 54.
The Hillcrest Women’s Golf Association Tuesday Ladies Day
Hillcrest Golf Club, June 9th
Note: low putts
First Flight, 18 holes
1. Mary Kay Aigner, 28.
2. Ann Emigh, 30.
1. Rita Davis, 27.
2. Marilyn Fiala, 32.
1. Nancy Pchamadan, 30.
T-2. Linda Allenbaugh, 36.
T-2. Marcia Baxter, 36.
Dave Bray has covered local golf for 33 years. He can be reached at email@example.com.