A building in the Durango Technical Center was evacuated Wednesday evening, but workers will be allowed back in.
The initial report was that there was a gas leak caused by construction at the A&L Coors Distribution Center on Rock Point Drive.
“They damaged the gas line, and as a precautionary measure, we’ve red-tagged it,” said Fire Marshal Karola Hanks of the Durango Fire Protection District. “It wasn’t actually a leak.”
Red tagging means they can enter the building but can’t use the equipment until it’s repaired, she said. She thought they would bring in a repair crew Thursday.